Your questions answered

Is the venue available for exclusive use?

The venue is available for exclusive use. The hire charge for Manor Hill House gives ‘exclusive use’ of the property from 12 noon to 12 midnight. Access to the property outside of these hours is by prior arrangement as confirmed in the timetable prepared by Manor Hill House. All visits to Manor Hill are by prior appointment.

Are you licensed for Civil Ceremonies and Partnerships?

Both the Summer Room and the Drawing Room are licensed for Civil Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships, but we require that the ceremony does not take place before 2pm except by prior arrangement.

Do you have accommodation?

The four luxury double en-suite bedrooms are available to be hired en-bloc to the wedding party for the wedding night, including our magnificent bridal en-suite with a deluxe spa bathroom.

Additional accommodation is available locally and a list of recommended hotels can be found on our website under Directory of Suppliers. Local hotels provide family rooms suitable for those with young children. These rooms are normally available at a special price for those attending a Manor Hill House wedding, so please contact the hotel directly to take advantage of the offer.

What is the breakfast and departure times for those staying at Manor Hill House?

Breakfast is served at 9.00am. when we have another function that day. We request that the bridal suite and bedroom 2 are cleared before breakfast to allow cleaning staff to service the rooms.

When we have no other function that day breakfast is served at 9.30am.

All guests are requested to vacate the property by 10.30am.

Can we have live music during the ceremony?

You are welcome to have non-amplified music such as a string quartet or harpist, and recorded music can be played through a built in sound system. If you are having a live band then there will need to be a sound technician on site who will work with the band to ensure our music policy is adhered to. The cost of this through JAM Productions is £200.

Click here to view our live music policy.

Can we have our own 'DJ'?

If one of our designated DJs is not being used, there will be a charge of £150 and we will require a separate contract to be signed. The DJ will need to provide an insurance certificate and proof that their equipment is PAT tested. Amplified music is played through our sound system.

Click here to view our live music policy.

Can we have a band?

You are welcome to have a live band. We recommend that if the band is to play in the Summer Room the number of musicians is restricted to three. The band will need to provide an insurance certificate and proof that their equipment is PAT tested. Amplified music must be played through our sound system and the use of our recommended sound technician may be required.

Click here to view our live music policy.

Should we include ourselves when counting the guest numbers?

Yes, the numbers need to include every guest who will attending including yourselves.

Who will provide the catering?

Catering is provided by Manor Hill Catering who offer a very extensive and flexible choice of menus which are designed to fit all tastes and budgets. Our chef will be pleased to meet up with you to discuss your requirements. A wedding cake or cup cakes may be brought in if an ‘allergens’ sheet is completed by the supplier. Please note the wedding cake cannot be used as the dessert for the main wedding breakfast meal.

A minimum catering spend of £30 per adult for whole day guests and £8 per adult for evening guests applies. These figures may be reduced slightly if a ‘Whirlwind Special Wholeday’ menu is being offered.

Can we have a sweet table?

We will be pleased to provide a sweet table or cart which will be fully dressed and serviced through the afternoon and evening of the wedding at a cost of £2 per guest. When sweets are bought in there is a service charge of £35.

Can we have refreshments whilst we are getting dressed for our wedding?

We can provide a light finger buffet at £8 per head for you and your party (maximum of 10) while you are getting ready.

N.B. This needs to be ordered in advance.

Can I use a florist that is not on the suppliers list?

Yes, however we ask that they deliver your flowers already arranged. Times of delivery and collection of vases is to be pre-agreed.

Where can we have photographs taken at Manor Hill House?

You are welcome to use the house and the grounds for photographs during your hire period. We will be happy to suggest some of our favourite places to you and your photographer.

Can we supply our own alcohol?

Yes, we allow you to bring wine, prosecco or champagne in at a cost of just £10 per bottle corkage.

Can we have children at the wedding?

We welcome children at Manor Hill House but a nominated adult is required to supervise them at all times.

Due to food hygiene and health and safety concerns children may not be seated on the laps of guests during food service. Children’s high chairs can be provided by guests or hired at £7 each.

Please note that a child on a booster seat or in a high chair will count towards the maximum number of 10 per table.

Your requirements will need to be discussed prior to the day.

Can children stay at Manor Hill House overnight?

A maximum of two children under the age of 12 are welcome to stay overnight at Manor Hill but we do not have any family rooms. Children are not permitted in the Bridal Room and must be supervised by an adult in the other bedrooms.

Are games permitted at Manor Hill House?

Manor Hill are happy for lawn games to be bought or they can be hired from Manor Hill for a fee, please ask for more information.

For safety reasons all ball games must be confined to the bottom paddock and supervised by a nominated adult to avoid any accidents or damage.

Do you have an easel?

Yes, we have an easel you can use. Please ensure that your table plan is securely mounted.

Can we have a long top table?

You can have a long top table but please note that it will take up the space of two round tables.

Can guests throw confetti?

We request that only real flower petals, fresh or dried, are used. These are to be thrown outside on the lawn. We kindly request no confetti on the gravel as this needs clearing by hand causing difficulties for our team after the event.

Can we launch Chinese lanterns?

We do not allow Chinese lanterns to be launched as the debris may impact on local residents and adjacent farmland. They may also cause harm to livestock.

Do you allow fireworks?

We do allow firework displays before 10.00pm by prior agreement but there are restrictions due to the close proximity of neighbouring livestock. Our designated supplier is Jubilee Fireworks as listed under our ‘Directory of Suppliers’. Manor Hill House need a minimum of 6 weeks notice for any firework displays to ensure all neighbouring farms are notified in advance. This is a necessity due to the nature of farming and Manor Hill House can refuse firework displays if this is not adhered to which could result in the loss of any deposits paid to suppliers.

Can we have candles?

Candles are permitted however there are restrictions and the flame must be encased in glass.

Can we have party poppers?

We request that there are no party poppers.

Can we have chair covers and special coloured linen?

Chair covers with bows, sashes and coloured linen can be arranged through ‘All Your Finishing Touches’.

When can we deliver things to Manor Hill House, such as table plans and presents?

Please arrange with the events office a delivery time before 4.00pm. We also require setting up to be completed by 6.00pm and then only resident guests are to remain on the premises after this time and the main reception rooms will be closed.

Are there any restrictions to the decorations we can use?

We like you to be able to make the venue look unique for your special day however we must request no glass beads are used to decorate the tables as these cause damage to floors and equipment. Manor Hill may on occasion refuse to use decorations that we feel could cause a fire or safety hazard.

Can Manor Hill lay up our tables and include our name cards?

We can lay the tables with your name places, favours, menus etc. but request they are given to us in table order. We can lay these out for you on the morning of your wedding and are happy to take photographs and send them to you so you can feel comfortable they are as you require.

What time do we have to finish the party?

In order to conform with our premises license and out of consideration for local residents, all guests not staying at Manor Hill House are requested to have vacated the premises by 12 midnight. We suggest that taxis are booked for 11.45pm at the latest. The last dance finishes at 11.30pm when the bar also closes.

Can people leave their cars overnight?

Sleeping in any vehicle on the Manor Hill House premises is not permitted and this includes campervans and caravans. However, cars may be left on site overnight.

Can I leave items behind to be collected at a later date?

Items can be left at Manor Hill House and collected at a time arranged with staff. Manor Hill will store items for five days. However, in some cases we have weddings the next day and in this instance we may ask you to remove all your items at the end of the evening.

Does Manor Hill House do midweek wedding packages?

Manor Hill is available for smaller numbers of guests for a midweek wedding where lower charges apply.

How do I confirm the booking?

To secure your booking we require a non-refundable deposit and a signed copy of our ‘Terms and Conditions’.

Payment can be made by debit or credit card over the telephone or by a bank payment to: ‘Manor Hill Weddings’, Sort Code 40-47-17, A/c 92736063.

If we postpone our wedding can we carry the deposit to a new date?

No, any change of date is considered to be a cancellation.

When will our damages deposit be returned?

If no damages have arisen, we aim to refund your damages deposit within three weeks of your reception.

Cancellation of the reception by Manor Hill House

We reserve the right to cancel any booking by giving a minimum of 12 months’ notice and the refund of any monies paid.

We reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time if payment schedules are not honoured or the conditions of bookings are not adhered to.

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
How we use cookies